I've been doing a lot of thinking/soul searching this week and a LOT of praying!
So many people I know had really, REALLY rough times last year...financially, emotionally, physically...2009 won't go down in my mind as the best year every, but it got me thinking about just how lucky and blessed our little family really is. I'm so glad I did our 2009 photo year in review...puts things in perspective and helps me focus on the happy, HAPPY times!
I'm not one to do a list of new year's resolutions...but I'm big into goals...this is the first year I haven't really written them down anywhere, because once I write them down, that's it...I've gotta make them happen...
I've also never done something that is big in the "scrap booking world" as of late, which is focusing on One Little Word for the year. Ali Edwards is a local Oregon gal, who is know around the scrap booking world. I was fortunate enough to take a class from her back in the fall of '05 and I love following her blog.
Anyway...I've been thinking about 2010 and how I'm gonna make sure it's GREAT. Not just GREAT for me, but great for everyone around me!
My 2010 word is....
HAPPINESS!!!
So, what does this mean? It means I'm gonna keep waking up every morning and be thankful for my life, my health and my HAPPINESS! I'm gonna wake up every morning and be thankful for the health and happiness of my family & friends! I'm gonna wake up every morning and make a conscious decision to make THAT DAY the best I can. I'm gonna wake up every morning and put a smile on my face and make it my goal to make as many people I can around me smile too!
Life is too short to worry about the small stuff. Life is too short to waste your energy on stuff that doesn't matter. Life is too short to not try and help your fellow man whenever you possible can. Life is too short to not try and make a difference!
So, everybody out in blogland reading this...think about what YOUR one little word will be for the year. Remember to be thankful for all that you have. Think about how you interact with folks on a daily basis and think about how you can make a difference in those around you!
I would like to end my little 3:30am blog entry (yes, it's really 3:30am) with some prayer requests....
Life is too short to worry about the small stuff. Life is too short to waste your energy on stuff that doesn't matter. Life is too short to not try and help your fellow man whenever you possible can. Life is too short to not try and make a difference!
So, everybody out in blogland reading this...think about what YOUR one little word will be for the year. Remember to be thankful for all that you have. Think about how you interact with folks on a daily basis and think about how you can make a difference in those around you!
I would like to end my little 3:30am blog entry (yes, it's really 3:30am) with some prayer requests....
- 5-year old Gavin, my niece's schoolmate is still in the hospital. His brain tumor was removed, but he's dealing with other medical stuff and I know he could really use your prayers.
- My friend Shelley's grandpa and her dear mom Karol. Grandpa is still hanging in there, but her mom has been in the hospital and will be there for the next 7-10 days while they try to get her better!
- My friend Jen's grandma who is in the care of hospice now.
- My quilting buddy Jenny, finished up her last round of chemo and she goes in for a scan on 1/20...hopefully I'll see her at my house for our monthly WeBee Quilters meeting if she's feeling up to it.
- My Relay friend Sue...Sue and I became friends last spring. She's started her own Relay Team this year.."Relay This" and she's just an AMAZING person. Sue's beat 2 different types of cancer in the past 2 years and on New Year's Eve got the call that none of us want to hear...PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE say a prayer for Sue, her family and the medical folks taking care of her as they start the next chapter in her story. Yes, her cancer is back, but in a note she sent me on Tuesday, It is stage IV.....but since I am so abnormal, I plan on being the abnormal one that beats cancer a 3rd time!
I'm tired of shedding tears for so many who have been and continue to be touched by cancer. I'm tired of hearing that someone else I know or knows someone I know has been diagnosed. I'm tired of not having all the answers...but what I'm NOT tired of, is knowing that I'm doing my small little part in FINDING A CURE!
This week was a good week. No meetings or appointments after work. Time with my daughter and hubby in the evening and time to reflect on the good stuff all the stuff that adds to my HAPPINESS in 2010!
2 comments:
Thank you so much for your prayers for my fam...
Jonathan and I were just talking about "one little word" last night, though when we started, his little word idea was sleep. :) We are hoping to come up with a good focus for us this year, since it seems that everything is changing right now!!
We will be especially praying for everyone on your list. ♥
Lots of love to you!!
Thank you Kathy for asking for prayers for Grandma. All the love and support makes all of this just a bit more bearable. Thank you again for just being you! You always put a smile on my face and make me happy to when I get to see you (even though it is never often enough)! Love you my friend!
Jen ;-)
Post a Comment